Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Belize



“Go, therefore and make disciples of all the nations…”

Dear friends,
     From 2003-2007, God provided nine opportunities for me to visit Belize, leading short term teams and training leaders of such teams.  These trips brought rich fruit to the participants as well as the friends we found in Belize.  This summer I will again lead a team to Belize.
     The youth group of Providence Presbyterian Church is called the CREW (Caring, Relationships, Evangelism, Worship).  The CREW’s mission strategy involves a three year cycle.  The first year, they minister in York.  The following year, they serve somewhere in the US—last year they did relief work following super storm Sandy.  On the third year, the CREW serves internationally.  As they were choosing a site, I suggested Belize because the youth are interested in a Spanish speaking culture.  Darryl, our youth leader, asked if would help lead the team…so I get to go back to Belize.
     Darryl and I will go to Belize in mid-February so I can introduce him to the area, the missionaries, and the local Presbyterian Church.  Then, on June 28 we will leave with a team of twenty or so people to serve for a week.  My son, Patrick, and his wife Britney are helping with the CREW, so they are coming too. 
     The Presbyterian Church in Patchican has been unable to call a pastor because they cannot provide a house for him.  Our team will help with building a manse.  Once it is completed, this congregation may be able to call a man to labor full time.  A recent evangelism team made 70 contacts in Patchican and a neighbor village.  Having a pastor would enable these believers to reach their community.
     You have prayed for me and my family for years.  Will you please pray for this trip? I will keep you updated.  If you would like to donate for Patrick or Britney, you can send checks to me, made out to Providence Presbyterian.

Thanks again…

Vince 

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I have been a PCA pastor since 1993, having been a pastor in Arizona, Florida, Wyoming, Pennsylvania, and as the Team Leader for MTW’s work in Scotland. I am currently the Senior Pastor of Providence Presbyterian Church in York, PA. As a pastor, my desire is to help everyone I meet live out Psalm 73:25, “Whom have I in Heaven but You, and besides You I desire nothing on earth.” I love my Wife Robin, my two sons, Patrick and Michael and my daughter in law, Britney. I am firmly wrapped around the fingers of my granddaughters.

Followers